Always the energetic and the dramatic one, she was the leader of her peers she however went on to be a graduate of Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Calabar and Computer Programming from the Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Ironically, Uche’s future ambitions did not include being in front of a camera but being at the right place at the right time, Jombo was cast in the 1999 movie, Visa to Hell and came to love her job as an actress. With 60 movies to her credit, she has become one of the internationally acclaimed Nollywood actresses.
On a fast rise, Uche Jombo began writing and co-writing several movies some of which include: The Celebrity, Games Men Play, Girls in the Hood and A Time to Love. Jombo has also co-produced films such as Nollywood Hustlers, Holding Hope and her latest work, Damage which deals with the issue of domestic violence in homes: a socio-economic cause that’s very personal to her. Uche Jombo is presently an ambassador for Globacom, one of Nigeria’s telecom giants.
In recognition of her contribution to the film industry in Nigeria, Ms. Jombo has received several awards including the award for Best Actress by AfroNolly Group in 2008 in London, England; The City People Entertainment awards for Best Actress 2010; Life Changers award, (Nollywood Personality of the Year) United Kingdom; Humanitarian Award for Haiti in New York, USA; Abriba Youth Honour of Pride Award 2010, Abriba, Abia State as well as the Abia State Honours Award 2010 .
Uche Jombo has won millions of fans worldwide and continues to blaze trails and inspire others around her. She has evolved and come into her own as a versatile actress, able to hold her own anywhere and on any stage. She’s a believer in the new Nollywood and is committed to seeing a quantum leap in the quality of the industry’s output through her efforts via her production house.
News by topic Uche Iwuji
- HEARTBROKEN? Actress Uche Iwuji Wants You To See Her New PHOTOS 11 February 19.20
- SEE What Actress, Uche Iwuji Whose Marriage Crashed After 1 Year Has To Say 9 February 12.27
- OFFICIAL: Juwon Lawal And Actress Uche Iwuji Break Up 7 February 21.56
- I'm Still Married - Actress Uche Denies Crashed Marriage 3 December 8.11
- SHOCKING: Another Nollywood Actress' Marriage Crashes Less Than A Year After Wedding 25 November 17.21
- Nollywood Actress, Uche Iwuji Gives Birth To Baby Boy 6 August 19.00
- PHOTOS: Nollywood Actresses In Secret Wedding 24 May 8.45
- How I Cope With Rumours/Scandals Surrounding Uche- Husband Reacts 22 November 17.23
- "I am an actress, but now showcasing my talent in music" - Melda Ada Okwori 24 September 15.24
- I’m Not Pregnant - Uche Iwuji 7 September 11.37